Monday, March 3, 2008

Inspiration



I am tired of writing about my feelings for the moment. How I feel about this and that. I am, especially tired of writing about being sad and dismal - I have decided if I am going to keep at this blogging thing, I am going to attempt being a little more inspiring. This weekend, my inspiration came from an Angel!


I have wanted to do a photo shoot up North with a model who would pose as an Angel for me. I was also secretly praying she would allow me to take nude photos of her, which she did and I am extremely grateful, as they are stunningly beautiful. Thanks Larissa! You are beautiful and the camera loves you!


This weekend I took my model, my best friend and we road tripped it up to Big Sur, along the way we stopped at locations we thought would inspire us, and I am so happy with the results. I am so happy and proud of my pictures. The drive was a chance to get out, see more of our beautiful landscape in California, and remove ourselves from the daily grind. I am inspired to do this more often, as this trip has reminded me that the open road, wind, weather and fabulous company can do a lot for the soul. We were laughing so hard all the way because we were saying things like…ooooohhhhh look at those mountains, aren’t they beautiful, oooohhhhhh look at the colors of those flowers, aren’t they magnificent, ooooohhhhh look at that cow, isn’t he cute and ooooohhhhh the ocean is so spectacular. You would have thought we had never seen mountains, ocean or a cow before. Tee hee…..


We left Santa Monica at around 11am and did not arrive in Big Sur until 10pm. We drove the entire way on Hwy1 and we stopped a lot to take photos of our Angel, wow, what fun! We turned many heads and got many honking horns when people driving past saw a beautiful angel standing on the side of the road. When we stopped at a graveyard, two people saw our angel and decided to stop, get out of their cars and take photos of us. How cute!

When we arrived at the little cabin for the night, it was freezing cold, lucky for my friends I am a master fire starter! Ha…We oohhed and aahhed over the pictures and laughed until close to 3am. We could see every single star and constellation in the night sky and when we ran out of firewood, I ran out into the forest and gathered some more, the moment could not have been more perfect. It is a wonderful feeling to arrive somewhere in the black of night and not know where you are or what to except to see in the morning when you wake up.

I realize how important it is for me to get out more often and be inspired, and if you’re not inspired, get in your car and drive somewhere you’ve never been before and maybe inspiration will find you. I am feeling incredibly inspired and artistic these days and the future is open with endless possibility.

Love and Inspiration…

2 comments:

Swirly said...

The journey to Big Sur definitely agreed with you because your photos are INSANELY gorgeous. There's nothing like a road trip to get your creative juices flowing.

Lisa said...

There is nothing like a nice, long roadtrip. Thank you for the reminder.