Tuesday, April 29, 2008

With the End also comes New Beginnings

The end has finally arrived with a story that begun a very long time ago. This is the house I bought a year ago with my husband.
This house was going to be " the dream"!
But sometimes dreams change. People fall out of love. People change their minds about what they really want in life. People disagree. People file for divorce.

Despite the change of dreams, for the last year,
I have been renovating and renovating and renovating this house.
Well, not me personally, but still...A great deal of time, energy and money spent on this house.
This house will never be my home. Sometimes I feel sad about it, but mostly I have been learning that houses and money don't make people happy.
This is probably the most valuable lesson I have learned from this experience.

And even though I love beautiful things, (which is exactly what this house is - a beautiful thing) there are many other beautiful things in the world, which have way more importance to my soul.




My home is where my heart is
And my heart is safely beating in my chest
at a thousand beats per minute


So, the end has come and a new beginning is being written...it will probably start something like this; Once upon a time there was a girl who had a dream that she was flying around the universe looking for something.....something that made her free, wild and
happy......

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

beatuifully done....i remember that place, but i am happy you aren't in it.....keep flying...