Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Its a new year....again



Another year has flown past..and maybe as with fine wine, we age with dignity, flavor, taste and new aroma. My puppy, Sadie, is sitting on my lap as I write this. Usually, she wants to type, play with my keyboard and wreak havoc with my things, but right now, she’s sleeping soundly on my lap. Soon she will be bigger and won’t be able to enjoy this space, as with all things in life. We grow up, become bigger and have to find new spaces to occupy.

I have a theory about space. A friend of mine, whom I adore, spoke to me about space and how he felt different about his own space, well space is in fact the area we occupy as spiritual beings. As we grow, we enjoy different space, new space, but it is in fact our space. Our private area in which we occupy, that we enjoy more and more with knowledge, learning, and time. Time….another little morsel that we all know about.

Some of us look at time as a demon, a tyrant that creeps up on us when we’re not looking, and grabs us by the throat and says “you’re time is almost up’” or “you’re too old now to enjoy the fruits of your life.” But, I say, f*** that….We are the time and space we choose and we are whatever we want to be, do or have…and time and space are only relevant to our state of mind. Stay young at heart and follow your passion and everything will be okay.

So in this New Year, remember we are the captains of our destiny, we are the leaders of our time and we are the space we occupy.

Love to all my dear friends….you know who you are….and take this New Year by the balls and be and do whatever your heart desires…..


Love to you all….



1 comment:

lu said...

I think I finally get this captain thing and I'm digging it. Best to you too this new year, this year with so much hope and so much good out their for the taking.