Thursday, December 18, 2008

Keep it simple




Sometimes the universe answers our calls and sometimes it doesn’t hear us at all, no matter how loud we scream. Sometimes the universe says, “Hi. You’ve called the universe. I’m not home at the moment, please leave a message and I’ll get back to you when I can”. Unfortunately, the universe hasn’t answered all my calls lately and frankly I’m beginning to feel like I may have the wrong number. I hate leaving messages. I need instant contact, a live conversation, an immediate response.


I believe we are ‘all connected’ as human beings. We may lead different lives, have different points of view, personalities, desires, dreams, talents, etc. but on some very deep level, we are all connected and share so much with one another. Strangers we’ve never meet, people who live on the opposite side of our planet, the guy, or girl who works in a factory somewhere. Sometimes I get the feeling that the universe is actually a big switch board, you know, the old fashion kind they used in the 20’s and 30’s with red and black wires, all crossed over each other, a big mess unless you know how to use it. There have been times in my life when I control that switchboard, when they are all in the correct holes, the connections are clear and concise and there are times in my life when they are a big jumbled mess. But if you learn how to use this switchboard, and the communication with the universe is open, it can be an amazing experience. The connections we have with people are so very precious and to me, as important as my own breath. Treating people with respect, dignity, genuine care, love and most importantly, granting them the right to be who they are and love them despite all reasons not to.


Despite the universe not answering my calls recently in regards to several of my personal requests, I feel a sense of calm about it. I’m not pacing the hallways wondering when…..when……..why…..why…..or laying in bed at night annoyed that my karma must be off and I must have done something terrible to deserve being ignored like this. Strangely, I feel a sense of calm that my life will become complete and my path will appear in front of my eyes, and if I’m lucky, I will have it all and then some.


The holidays are not my favorite time of year these days, they represent much loss and pain, but instead of succumbing to that deep pain, I’ve decided to keep it simple. Create the love, create the sparkles, create the moment, be present, give presents, and allow the universe to get back to me when he’s ready to commit to answering my call.

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

sending you good cheer and love.