Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Black Crayon








A Black Crayon was feeling very unhappy because nobody used him very much. All the other crayons, the red crayon, the blue crayon, all the different ones, were getting shorter and shorter. But the Black crayon was staying very much the same size. "I'm just as pretty as the rest," he said to himself.

One day, while a Little Girl was drawing some pictures, he said to her, "I wish sometimes you would use me!" "I would like to," said the Little Girl, "but I don't know what to draw." Draw some pictures of stars, and a moon, and the nighttime, when it's cozy and snug," said the Black Crayon. The Little Girl drew an enormous picture of the nighttime. She put in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven stars. They were yellow and orange. Then she drew a moon. In fact, she liked the purple moon so much, she made an extra, baby moon. Then everything else she made nighttime, using the Black Crayon to it make it lovely dark.

When she as finished it was such a beautiful picture, the Little Girl's Mama put it on the wall.

The Black Crayon was very short and very happy!

The End.

2 comments:

Nita June said...

I always liked the Black Crayon...love it.

Ms. Conley said...

Thanks Nita...I always loved the black crayon too...I look forward to meeting you one day. x