Friday, October 3, 2008

Changing


This is a card I received from my dear friend many moons ago. I haven't visited my blog for some time and having decided I hate my last entry, I noticed this card on my notice board (it’s been pinned up there for months), but today I finally got it! "She packed up her potential and all she had learned, grabbed a cute pair of shoes and headed out to change a few things. Her heart glowed with a degree of happy assurance."
My potential has been packed in my suitcase, and it’s been sitting in my closet way to long and its ready to be unzipped and I am allowing it to explode all over the place. I set up my art studio in my garage and started painting again. It’s been years since I have really painted anything. My creative juices are flowing and it feels dam good. I’m planning a group art show at my house soon, A house pARTy, something I planned to do ages ago and never did for fear of failure.

As to all I've learned, I can say I've learned a great deal over the last 12-months, (it’s all still sinking in, like quick sand), but I recognize this is a process that has no end. I feel wiser accepting that I have much to learn, that I must pursue knowledge on continual basis. I was reminded recently that, Happiness is not bought, it's thought. (A quote from my very own, Guru Zen Master, my 9-year old daughter)

Yep, profound words that came out of her gorgeous mouth the other night when we she was telling me about her woe’s at school. She told me how unhappy she was, complaining that her friends at school all have bigger houses, more toys, fancier cars, than we do. I looked her in the eye and said, "darling, do you really think that’s why you are unhappy? You have everything you need and most importantly, you are loved". She sat, quietly for several minutes, her mind churning and swirling this over and she looked at me with such wisdom, as if the a philosopher was telling me the secret to the universe and said plainly, "happiness is not bought, it's thought."
I almost fell out of my chair. I was so taken aback by this revelation that she had, I wanted to cry with pride, but as only a mother can, I held her and told her she is one of the smartest people I have ever met in my life and how proud I am that she is my daughter. I should take advice from my daughter more often.

As far as changing a few things, here is my list:

- Accept myself for who I am and never be sorry for being myself
- Throw away the guilt of the past and take one step at the time towards the future
- Get outside more often and experience all that life has to offer
- Don’t regret yesterday, life is in me today and I create my own tomorrow
- Work hard, Play harder
- Create, create, create
- Live to inspire and be inspired
- Never be afraid to fail, you won’t know if you failed until you try
- Love myself more, and know that I am loved


As for the cute shoes,…..I’ve always had that covered.

TODAY, I feel brave, brave, brave. I have the courage to take my life, turn it upside down, inside out, shake the apple tree until they all come falling down.

My wings already exist, all I have to do is fly. My favorite quote from another Guru Zen Master, Christine Mason Miller. If you do not have this book, Ordinary Sparking Moments, http://www.christinemasonmiller.com/, buy it for yourself and all your friends today, its pure magic.
This just in from my horoscope (ARIES)....How does this work? Wild......
You are eager to take what you've learned over the past few days and apply it to something new. Although you might believe that you are running out of time, you're not. It's just that there are large shifts on the horizon as your key planet Mars finishes up his visit to social Libra. Reconsider the terms of a partnership today, while you can still see the unbridled potential of what's ahead.
By Rick Levine

2 comments:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

time to step up into your own Guru Master shoes...so proud of you

Poetaster said...

Wow I love your paintings and wow I feel stupid but what the hell is the blog address? So confused. And um how do you get one? Oh I love that card your friedn sent you and all the things you've made.=)