Thursday, January 24, 2008

It’s Raining……Still



It’s been raining for days and the wind is howling like an old wolf. LA is getting a good old fashion wash, and for once in a long while, we get a break from that terrible smog and pollution that we are all so accustomed to.

The last few days I’ve been cooped up inside with a horrible cold, you know the one where your head feels like it could explode, sinuses are stuffy, cant swallow because your throat is so swollen and a constant chill running through your bones…..the kind that really sucks. Today I thought I would have some relief, but after being up all night with my daughter while she complained that her legs hurt, her back hurt, her nose hurt, her head hurt and I think even a pinky finger hurt, just to make sure I knew how ‘badly’ she hurt……. I was bound for yet another day stuck inside, nursing myself and my daughter back to health. Oh where is my own mother when I need her?

By around 1pm, the intense desire to get outside and away from the four walls of my apartment plagued me until we were both bundled up, red noses, tissues and camera in tow, we headed for the PCH. The rain was pouring hard as we drove along the coast, the swells were huge, the ocean grey, sea gulls being thrown about in the angry winds, as we sat warm and cozy blowing our noses raw.

Couldn’t resist stopping and taking a few pictures along the way, like this photograph; it’s really dark and eerie. Too bad the rain spotted my lens on most of the pictures, but at least I got outside today, even if it is raining……still…..


As a little girl I used to hate the rain
Rain put an end to games I'd love to play
Rain meant running off the beach
And spoilt a perfect day
As a little girl the rain was not my friend
Picnics were out no pretty clothes to wear
Rain meant staying In all day
Or ruining my hair

But I guess I'm changing with the years
Cause now I love the rain it clears the air
Making mirrors out of sidewalks
Painting rainbows everywhere

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

so sorry you are still sick!!! well, at least the weather makes it easy to stay indoors and be cozy...today was 44 degrees and sunny here...beautiful! I acdtually really loved LA in the rain..it keeps all the yahoos in and the city is the most beautiful when wet. get better young lady.