Sunday, May 18, 2008

Destiny




How is it that the stars know so much about our lives and character? What was happening in the universe on March 21st 1973? What cosmic burst occurred on that day that said, "on this day, this year, this moment, the moment you are born, you will be"; bossy, daring, direct, honest, competitive, adventurous, optimistic, passionate, adventurous, spontaneous, artistic, creative, daring, head strong, guileless, vivacious, defiant, impulsive, immature, reckless? OR that I would like; winning, handmade items, love, romance, new clothes, red flowers, fast cars, surprise parties, one-of-a-kind gifts, or that I would dislike; being late, restrictions, losing, feeling hungry, standing in line, indecision, and phonies.

Really........how does this work? I read that a Greek philosopher, named Heracleitus said, "Character is destiny." Who you are - complete with all of your goals, tendencies, habits, virtues, and vices - will determine how you act and react, thereby creating your life's destiny.

This is what my astrology said about me today.... "Things are looking up, yet there's a stress that won't magically disappear. But even with too much happening, you can make time to enjoy yourself without going into denial about something important. You have an innate skill: you can stay focused in the present moment when you are passionate. Use your concentration wisely by preparing for what's coming instead of scattering your attention all over the place".

I guess my destiny is already created for me and my path has already been paved. So, today I will enjoy myself and stay focused in the present moment and be passionate. Maybe that includes being spontaneous and going to the beach, sitting under my umbrella with a good book and some great tunes! That sounds innate and focussed to me...

Well, I think my star sign accurately defines my character and I wouldn't disagree with what it says. I like my character, flaws and all. I am who I am.....and I can't change that.

I read a proverb yesterday that I really love, "Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and be that perfectly." -Zen Proverb

1 comment:

Swirly said...

I think you are amazing and I am happy our destinies collided!!