Saturday, May 31, 2008

Compulsion



I haven’t painted in a long time. Too long. Today for some reason I got the bug. It’s been weird, I usually paint in a certain style, but today took me in a completely direction. Nothing like I have ever done before. I am not sure I like it, but it sure did occupy my mind all day. I started at about 11am and have just now decided to take a break, its 7:04pm. I will probably paint over the entire thing, but before I do, I want to comment (to myself more than anyone) that today has been an interesting process. I had no idea what would come to this canvas, but I didn’t want to wait for an inspiration or idea, I just knew that today, I had to paint. A compulsion…..something that couldn’t be stopped. I had no particular inspiration, which, usually I do. So, this is probably the weirdest and strangest thing I have ever painted, but the 8 hours that has passed since I started, seemed to last an entire 30 minutes……pretty cool…I must like it….I can’t believe I have spent the entire day outside on my patio painting…..Have I been in a time warp? I guess I have…..Anyway, the next time you see this painting, it will probably be entirely different. Actually, I am positive I will just paint over it. Nevertheless, I sure did enjoy the process.

2 comments:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

absolutely perfect and wonderful..how cool is that you passed a whole day doing something you love...well done...

Swirly said...

You know, I noticed this in your place the other day and almost commented on it - I love it!!!!