Saturday, February 16, 2008

Friends




"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

I had the girlies over tonight to shower my new pad with love and blessings. Mmmm…..what fun! Love my girlies…You know you have great friends when they will stand beside you and hold your hand and encourage you to laugh more, smile more, cry more, be silly more, love more, and live more. Even when we are so wrapped up in our own lives, work, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, kids, whatever, great friends will always drop the groceries in the middle of the aisle and risk breaking that bottle of OJ to run to your aide.

My girlies are everything to me. Without these amazing babes in my world, I would only be half of myself. I would be walking around bumping into sharp objects all day long…I have many friends, but only a handful of truly amazing, sensational, steadfast and truly incredible girls and a couple of boyz in my tribe, that I love so much, that my heart would break should anything ever happen to them. These are the kind of friends, who will never judge you, will always forgive you, tell you the truth, even when it hurts and love the heck out of you no matter what.

Tonight was about cheese plates, bread, chocolate covered strawberries, fine wine and not feeling guilty that we will all wake up a few pounds heavier, being silly, listening to one another, sharing stories and laughing so hard that tears roll down your faces. It is in moments like these, that I feel like a teenager again, were life is a big playground and I want to dance, sing and be silly until the sunrises. I had a love-hate relationship with being a teenager, too young to be completely independent, yet old enough to think I could make big decisions and choices for myself. I was completely defiant and feisty as a teenager, always doing the opposite of what my mother and father said. If they said I couldn’t do something, I would do it anyway, just to show I was independent. I guess I haven’t really changed that much. But, as I get older and discover I have a few more wrinkles and I can’t stay out as late as I use to, or sleep in till noon, drink as much, sleep in my clothes, sleep with the curtains open, or not be bothered by the mess in the kitchen the next day – I actually appreciate being an adult. Being a teenager was fun, but age and friendships are like a fine wine, over time they become more flavorful, the colors more mature, and with each sip, it leaves a better taste in your mouth.

2 comments:

Swirly said...

Without girlfriends, nothing works. I'm glad your new nest got christened with that love!!

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

you go girl...