Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Words of Wisdom



“ Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.”

I am a true believer in living in the moment. I do not always follow it, for sometimes; I fret about tomorrow and become impatient for tomorrow to become NOW. I lack patience to such an extent; I had a t-shirt made that says “impatient.” I should have one made that says, “Live in the moment.” Living in the moment and embracing it all, even when down and out is a lesson to be learned time-and-time again. For in each moment we are learning, listening, making choices, decisions, smiling, frowning, and most importantly, we are experiencing……... So why do we let some of these moments pass by us unnoticed?


I read a quote written by an 85-year-old woman, she said, “If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I would relax; I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I would have fewer imaginary ones. You see, I am one of those people who lived sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I would have more of them. In fact, I would try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after the other, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I have been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute. If I had it to do over again, I would travel lighter than I have. If I had my life to live over again, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances; I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.”


Now this is a woman of my heart! If 85 years doesn’t teach us anything, then I don’t know what will!

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

what an amazing quote...i love it..i am going to do that right now...in the sun with my camera..well maybe not barefoot today, but sure as hell in themoment....thanks for that...