Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve

The little tree


It's Christmas eve today and it is like any other day of the week. Christmas afternoon, I will leave Noosa and fly to Melbourne to see my other family for Christmas dinner. A jet set Christmas, but exciting to be in two places on the same day. Today has been like any other day in Noosa. Relaxed, people coming and going, lots of food, walks on the beach, shopping, coffee at the cafe, coming and going, relaxing....The thing I have enjoyed the most about today is that there is no fuss or muss over presents and gifts. Christmas here is more about, where are we going and what are we eating". I made my famous guacamole dish today and as usual, it was devoured. Love that.

I am really missing Madison a today and we have already talked on the phone a couple of times. For some reason, today was the first time since I left LA, I am really, really home sick for her. All of a sudden she sounds so grown up and we talk to one another as if we are friends. She is so cute and has a calendar that she has been crossing off with the days remaining until I come home - 7 days left! I have no idea where the time has gone...

Although I have had the most incrediable time and my journeys have been delightful and theraputic, I am starting to get the picture more clearly and understand that my life isn't waiting to begin....it has begun and there is no right or wrong path, only the path we are on. And the path is always an adventure!

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

mmmm...so perfectly said...your journey is soooo amazing and real and perfect....i love your life.