Thursday, December 27, 2007

Melbourne



It's been a while since I have posted anything, mainly because it has been a mad-house! People are coming and going all day long. Its been wonderful to see all the flurry of activity. The house is completely full, every room, nook and cranny stuffed full with people from all over the world.

I used to be upset about the thought of having my family spread out all over the world, however now I realize that I can almost go to any country and have a place to stay. So far, my family extend around this planet starting with; Australia, Hong Kong, Edinburgh, London, Paris and Los Angeles. Not to bad to have these places to visit and have free accommodation.

Christmas Day here was an absolute riot! I have not laughed so hard in my entire life. Everyone had to perform, sing, dance, play an instrument or act. One of the girlfriends is from China and she wins the award for best performance. She did a rendition of Mary had a little lamb, as deaf, dumb, blind Chinese girl. There is no way to explain how funny this actually was, but luckily I have the dvd of it. SNL can eat there hearts out, because she was funnier than anyone on that cast - and she's a lawyer. Oh my goodness....so wonderful. Luckily for me, I arrived late, so didn't perform.. Wouldn't be able to top this girl, that's for sure!

I've been catching up with a lot of friends which has been amazing. Going out and having a great time. Melbourne is such a dicotomy to LA, espcially the people. Everywhere I go, people are just being themselves. No one is being pretenious or trying to look good for anyone but themselves. I am sure there are people like that here, but not in the masses I find in LA. It's very liberating to see so many people just out to enjoy each others company, instead of "being seen, or 'scene'."

Today I drove around Melbourne on the wrong side of the road, in my head I had to say to myself, "stay to the left, stay to the left" and every time I got into drive, I sat in the passenger seat..ha ha...I was pulled over by the police, a routine check-point, and they checked my licence and registration. It was pretty humorous becasue, this morning when I left the house, my cousin threw me a set of keys and said, "take THE SAAB". (There are alot of people who live in this house and a lot of cars) so when the police "lady" asked me, who the car was registered to and address, etc. I had no idea who's car I was driving and no papers. I am glad she didn't book me for driving a stolen car! Luckily she believed my story and let me go saying "enjoy the rest of your holiday and hope you come back soon".

Melbourne is the most amazingly colorful and exciting cities I have seen for many years. Even though I was born here, today I went and explored. I walked around the city taking pictures all day long. I have never really stopped and noticed all the artistic architecture before and today I was amazed at how this city has incorporated the old buildings, with the new modern ones. Really something to see. There is art pouring out of this place. I don't think there is anywhere you can go and won't find some form of art...

I have eaten all the Australia food necessary to sustain me until next time I come, like: 4 and 20 pie, twisties, sausage rolls, pasties, chips, vegimite toast, chocolate and all the rest of things I grew up with and now I am completely satisfied that I will not need to eat anything for a long, long, time.

Can't wait to get home now. Only a few days left! Even though it will be lonely back in LA, I am happy to create a wonderful new life for myself and create a hub where all are welcome! Very exciting stuff...

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

damn cool...what the heck is 4 and 20 pie??? Melbourne sounds awesome girl! I am soo glad your day was filled with so much laughter and love....mine was too...although we didn't have any deaf, dumb and blind chinese girls singing for us...I can do a mean "Gilbert" though...

love ya...