Sunday, December 9, 2007

It’s Time




Today I finally depart for Fiji. Yippy! My flight takes off at 10:30pm and I land in Fiji at 5:15am (2 days later). It is already tomorrow in Fiji. It will take 10 hours and 45 minutes to fly half way around the world. The other side of our earths equator. Ten hours is a long time to sit in an airplane, I have flown to Australia many times and that flight is 14 hours, so maybe this one won’t be so bad. I dislike long flights, but that’s all part of the adventure.

As usual, I’ve packed way to much stuff, especially since most of it will never even come out of my suitcase and I’ll wear the same thing over and over again. Oh well…this is one of my idiosyncrasy’s. The most important items, I am carrying in a backpack: my camera, my journal, my passport, my toothbrush, and lip-gloss.

When I step foot in this beautiful place called Fiji, I will smile and say, “Bula!” (Hello) and if someone asks me, “Where are you going?” I will say, “sega, gaade gaa.” Translated this means – “nowhere special, just wandering around”.

Oh….how fun this all is! Stay tuned. I will be posting everyday. I'm gonna have plenty of time!




1 comment:

Swirly said...

Have a great time!! I always find that the more I wander and the less I plan, the more fun I have.