Monday, December 17, 2007

Reflection




Another tropical storm passes through Fiji today. It is pouring and I mean pouring with rain, wind, thunder, and lighting, as I sit with my windows wide open, curtains flapping wildly, and the balmy heat flows through. I feel a sense of calm, yet sadness. Tomorrow will be last day in Fiji and the time as flashed past me. My next stop - Noosa Beach, Australia, where I will visit aunts and cousins, some of whom I haven’t seen in at least 17- years. I am looking forward to some family time now.

Today I have been reflecting on my reasons to come to Fiji - to heal wounds, escape a world wind of turbulence of a past life and the hopes that my journey will help navigate my way to my own place in this world. For the first time in my life, I am standing naked and free to explore myself, as a woman, mother, lover, creative soul, and free spirit - a terrifying moment in life, yet an opportunity to be brave and open.

It is unclear if coming to Fiji has provided the answers to the questions I have been searching for and today tears weep from my eyes, reluctant, yet expected. I have embraced this time alone to be an explorer of this beautiful place, and the freedom to explore my own mind, body, and soul, but realize that life is nothing if experienced alone. Fiji has reminded me that I have a lot to be grateful for in my life and although the journey may be bitter sweet, I will never regret yesterday and will always strive for a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

wow...that is a powerful powerful moment...thank you for sharing that...