Friday, December 14, 2007

Is there a doctor in the house?



Kava…oh….Kava

As it turns out, maybe I should not have offered to drink the Kava. The night has been long and miserable. As I lay in my bed rocking back-and-forth, my stomach extremely mad at me. No need to explain the details, but this has been the longest and most miserable night of my life.

As soon as the sun rises, I call the front desk and ask if there is a doctor in the house? I explain how I feel and she informs me that I must immediately phone Dr. Raju and see him as soon as possible. She also informs me that he is the 'best' and 'only' doctor in town.

I force myself to shower and get dressed and drag my aching body to the lobby and ask for a taxi. I get in and ask the driver to please take me to Dr. Raju. No need to give him an address, as my driver knows where to take me. Dr. Raju sees me immediately, listens to my stomach with his stethoscope, feels my belly, and says, “My dear, you have a classic case of travelers, 'you know what'….and you will need anti-biotic to kill those bugs in your tummy”, and he hands me a brochure. I tell him that I drank the Kava yesterday at a village and he says, “Well then, no more Kava for you young lady”, and sends me on my way with anti-biotic in hand.

Ahh….the joy’s of travel….but I won't let this detour me from having another adventure, but maybe today it will be in the day-spa!

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

damn...sorry to hear that...i still think you rock for drinking the Kava..