Monday, December 3, 2007

This Day...


Today is a special day for me. Exactly eight years ago, at 9:59am, I gave birth to my beautiful little girl. It is incredible that eight years has past, as I remember this moment as if it were yesterday. After an hour and a half of the most intense labor of my life (and they don’t call it labor for nothing), I held a delightful little soul in my arms and immediately forgot that there was any pain at all. Now she is eight years old. WOW! I love you more than anything in the entire universe.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAD!

On another note, this day is also.....well....another day on the journey of life.

Have you ever met someone and discovered a kindred spirit? I have. It is a very profound feeling that overcomes you with knowing you feel understood, or having a commonality that bonds you, or feeling like there is no effort to put those Lego pieces together, because they just fit.

A friend put it simply to me one day. “Imagine” he said, “that you are born an Indian, but raised by a white family in the city. All your life you feel out of place and don’t feel quite at home. It’s not that you don’t like it. It just feels wrong. Then one day you find your way back to your Indian family. You make it back to your tribe, people that are your kind – you’re understood, because they are your tribe.”
For all artists and creative souls in the world who sometimes feel they are not understood or don't fit. Find your tribe..
This is a beautiful definition of the word "Tribe"
"in cultural anthropology, theoretical type of human social organization based on small groups defined by traditions of common descent and having temporary or permanent integration above the family level and a shared language, culture, and ideology. "

Happy travels Renaissance Man.......to new chapters, journeys and loving how beautful life is!

2 comments:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

ahhh...mama love...nothing quite like it...you are an amazing mom...so much love. I hope the day was filled with good bday joy....

funny...i have the exact same story..:-)..I was reading this and not thinking that the indian analogy makes so much sense and then i was so excited that you remembered it and that those words make so much sense....I love that you are sharing all of this and blogging...fun and a great way to let things out...

as your journey is beginning soon in Fiji...i want you to remember to be open and relaxed and come from love....your light is so bright and strong....so exciting....

sending you love...

Ms. Conley said...

Thank you for your words. And yes, for some strange reason I am finding posting everyday is a great outlet for me.

I am always open, not always relaxed, but always come from love....xoxo

Can't wait to get on that airplane and fly away.